I guess summer`s here and in a big way...well in Singapore its practically summer all year round and one is perpetually roasted and drenched in a rhythmic routine every single day. But I found a new outlet to brave the heat this year . I chanced upon a new drink recently and am so loving it. Its Avocado milkshake with chocolate... The last time someone asked me to pick it up for them on my way back from lunch I had an "eeew" reaction. "Who drinks Avocado or mixes it with chocolate", "Isn't it meant for salads and dips?" , " a green drink?".
But going by how much my friend loves it I gave it a try and am a convert.
Remember Taati Munjulu . Indian summers were synonymous with school holidays and Taati Munjulu. Just the prospect of a bowl of chilled and crushed tender Munjulu made summers bearable. Avocado juice reminds me of that tactile sensation. Try it out - It will completely surprise you in a nice and nostalgic way if you share some Indian roots. Its simple! All you might need are Avocados, milk, sugar, ice cubes and chocolate syrup or chocolate milk...Make a milkshake of the Avocado remembering not to dilute it or sweeten it too much. We are looking for a thick consistency silmilar to semi melted ice cream. Now comes the fun part , Just pour some chocolate syrup/milk on it . It sinks in completely original patterns...all by itself. I should say go easy on the fattening syrup but then one might respond ...sometimes one needs to just live life :)
But seriously do not let the syrup/sugar overpower the natural flavor of Avocado. Thats the basic idea for a "drizzle of chocolate syrup".
Apparently its big in Indonesia, Vietnam, Jamaica .... Give it a try and let me know ?

4 comments:
Sounds interesting. Will try it. I tasted another green juice recently that I thought was interesting and super healthy - mango and kale juice. Tasted decent and it has kale, a superfood that I'm trying to eat more of.
:) BTW forogot to mention Avacado needs to be ripe :)
http://www.avocado.org/recipes/RecipeSearchForm?categories%5B6%5D=6&Search-Recipes=search+by+keyword&action_RecipeResults=
I regularly have butterfruit milkshake over here which is similar to avocado, but it never occured to me to have chocolate syrup in it. That milkshake by itself is pretty awesome, as well :) Next time, will try..
On the move finally responded :) Time to update your blog too...Apparently butterfruit is another name for Avacado ...thats great can sell this drink to my folks too now :)
Post a Comment