On my way back, while waiting at Hyderabad airport I walked into one of the airport book stores and picked up this movie called Ee Maya Chesave from the counter. Havent seen a Telugu movie in nearly 2 years now. There were just a handful DVD`s there and this seemed the safest bet among covers ranging from roaring old pot bellied men to lame untalented younger wannabes on the shelf. On a separate note ...How do people watch that crap!!! ...One look at that shelf I realized what everybody was telling me all through my trip - I did not miss much in the last few years,
But this movie was awesome...It was really well shot and loved the heroine...Gosh she is soooo pretty and a delight to watch ..Movie is her search for clarity in life. What struck me about the movie was also that the love story was sheer contemporary celluloid poetry... Menon & Rehman did a great job. Unlike all those over hyped bollywood movies (read kites) that they keep dishing which make you wonder if the makers have ever been in love, this movie and the way characters react was realistic & heart felt. There was no big plot, its based on a thought that no external factors but just the two people in a relationship that dictate it. The movie was shot in Hyderabad, Allepey and NYC and the landscapes could not have been better.
It was a perfect stumble like the book I picked at Bali airport. You go watch the movie ... while I look for tickets to Kerala
No comments:
Post a Comment