Monday, May 3, 2010

The End

Tomorrows a working day and a busy day...but sat through well past midnight...engrossed with Rhet Butler and Gone with the Wind. Having watched it 8 years back and knowing fully well how it ends I still waited to see the end...For once wanted my memory to fail me and to be surprised and sleep with the warm feeling that alls well in the end.
Todays been a lucky day in general but Guess my luck ran out to see Rhet walk thru that door again. The movie was a master piece. There was absolutely no doubt about it. Those characters stay so true to themselves, not once bowing down, pleasing no one but themselves. It stands apart - a tall mirror before all our dreams, flaws, selfishnes and ego. I enjoyed it all the more for some similarities and prolly an iota of maturity since my last watch.
 But just as last time I so wish it ended differently. A happy ending never hurt anybody. Lifes a little harsh by itself and some encouragement is always welcome, especially when it comes after such a moving reel journey...and what better than coming from a masterpiece u admire so much .

Oh Well! Will watch it again after a few more years and hope that the ending wont bother me so much then...if it does again?
...well tomorrows another day.

1 comment:

K said...

Im still on two minds if I should after all read either one of the 2 official sequels written to 'Gone with the wind'-one on Scarlett and the other on Rhett . For one the author did not live to personally approve of either sequel and I feel the shroud of mystery and intrigue that surrounds the characters will be lost..shall resist I guess