Dont you love it when you have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend and things start shaping up suddenly. It felt like my whole weekend was planned miraculously and I was just going along with a surprised expression as everything started falling in place..This was a weekend of first timers and I loved every bit of it...It started with a impromptu lazy lunch at the Singapore Saddle club on Bukit Timah with uneven hills and horses in the background while I feasted on some amazing ravioli. Would like to dedicate more time describing the saddle club another time but in a nutshell what’s there not to like about coffee houses , Italian food, hills , galloping horses all in one place.
By evening I found myself hitch hiking a ride in a cab with people who obviously are well..strangers. They were headed to a merrier place but I convinced them to try the place where I was headed. So we all got down at Roberston Quay instead. It was supposed to be my evening with the girls. I was fond of Pizza a few years back but have no clue why I shunned it completely for the past few years. Probably nothing matched to the amazing pizza toppings one gets in Roma (or probably I just needed an excuse to show off that I have been to Rome!) Coming back, I ended up having the most authentic and delicious pizza with equally delightful company. My friends claimed it tasted like truffles but I was up in pure heaven to even bother to get down to the details. Thus started a Saturday night of freshly baked pizza, wine, techno music and newly made friends. After all the jokes I make about my supposedly senile bones I was amazed that we all had that much energy to hop to 5-6 places on one night. Singapore night life rocks! And am gonna miss girly nights after this night...needless to say, had too much fun and stocked up on quite a few fun stories to fill enough dinner conversations in the next few days. Once my stomach started growling in the wee hours for some Maggi I called it a night and hailed a cab.
Sunday was again a day of impulsive surprises. You know when u wake up and have a craving for something. Well hold onto it …except that I woke up craving for a Macbook Pro. To be honest have been toying with the idea for a while now but this day I woke up and decided I deserved it after 3 years of Windows blue screen errors and pinning to own the 45nm technology that I try to compete with at work. If you knew me you would also know that I’m completely illogical and fanatic when it come to Mac products. So I booked a Macbook Pro and fixed myself a good breakfast. While I was basking in the success of the transaction an earlier SMS apparently blosommed into a plan to coffee at the turf club. Another first time. I’m totally loving this weekend! Should have bought a lottery ticket too! In keeping with the spirit of adventure ended up at turf club. if u expecting something outlandish again well hold your horses. Turf club is a ghastly place. Think the whole amazing weekend got into my head! For notwithstanding the surroundings I go to Cafe Scrumptious and ask to be seated outside only to be stared at by everything moving there. There is no outdoors! Being ME that’s definitely not a first.
Fast forward 15 minutes and we find ourselves by the fountains at Singapore Botical gardens around sunset! Another pristine movie like location where there are endless lakes, swans and hobnobbed with Pteridospermatophyta and Zingiber officinale. But no great trip to nature is complete without steaming coffee , French fries and Lemon Meringue. It was the most relaxed weekend in ages where we sat on a comfortable wooden chair overlooking the most placid lake and orchids tucked neatly on giant trees and watched the sunset as we talked about everything under the sun. As the night started creeping in and you can hear the crickets and , families with kids started heading back I reminded my friend about how I saw the most deadliest snake on TV the previous day. Apparently its found in abundance in the rainforests of Malaysia and Singapore. With that thought we ran back to the comforts of a brightly lit restaurant and planned to call in sick the next day and watch some amazing TV.
The whole weekend was so unplanned yet so blissful. The aftereffects of such an amazing weekend cannot be mild. When I woke up Monday morning to a screaming alarm and scores of work emails I did the unusual … get to work with the biggest grin :) Another First
1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment