Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The one thing


These days the more I talk to people the more I realize that the one thing that they really want eludes them mostly. It feels like a never ending chase. Hmmm it is a disturbing idea isn't it ? To me atleast... So much so that sometimes even when I am at loggerheads over the same want or even if I dint buy their philosophy, I would just wish that people get whatever it is that they were looking for. I am sure anyone who truly understood the intensity of that emotion would do the same.

Are we all suffering from exceptionally high expectations? I do not want to say "wish we remained simple and wanted simpler things ". Romanticizing about simpler times when posed with such questions feels pointless. Clearly we cannot expect people to go back to their uncomplicated selves or turn back time.

Wondering how to get out this web of intertwined complexity....  There appears to be no methodical algorithm out of this mess of expectations. Is it  a slow process of self realization and appreciation for what we have? The concept of appreciating now , the food that we are eating now, the company that we have now, the person that we are now... is missing in many cultures.  I think it is  a life lesson and  would be great if it is taught early on in life...The art of appreciation.

No comments: