Thursday, June 23, 2011

Invented email?


Very interesting read. Great times of creativity.Parts of the history mentioned in the article , I  did hear about it earlier ..from MIT alumni. Wish I was around then  :)

It somehow reminds me of the time before our engineering entrance exam (JEE). Obviously it was not at the proportions described in the article but in our own small alternate world we had a similar thing going on.  During those days a bunch of us were clinically crazy ! atleast in a regular world. Now when I think about it ....  our motivations , the competetion  and drive to be the smartest one around and the things that kept us awake at 3 am ... they feel pointless now :). The geek talk was positively hillarious. It was probably fueled by a fact that we spent  15 hours a day on calculus , assembly language (self learnt) & Irdovs physics. Must have been a time when we were challenged the most and were self driven . Somehow in my case all those traits vanished the moment I attended my first lecture in a local engineering college. I can come with a hundred excuses but the damage was done and the fault was mine. I made minor amends many years later but it was more by accident when I ended up in a similar setup and among similar people.
Anywhow , wonder where some of those pals are now? Afterall we are who we are with ? But even facebook cannot trace them now. Wonder if  atleast one of them had the drive and courage to pursue that passion . From a very selfish place I wish one of the brighter candidates did not get sucked up into a regular job and a regular life.

Has anyone heard Tom Lehrers periodic table song?..It is very random but charming

1 comment:

me said...

now I 've heard it and I am fascinated :) tomLehrerFans++