Monday, November 22, 2010

Inspired post

For my 25th Birthday one of my friends called me and humoured me by deeming it a  milestone and promising a gift. Out of nowhere I had an idea...I wanted a  plain white Tshirt with a V neck. I was clear on  the front side remaining untouched at a pristine white.   I only wanted the phrase   "and life goes on ..." in my favorite Ibook font on the backside. I was very specific that I wanted just 3 dots. I thought it was cool and profound...My friend got it custom made  and sent it to me, but somehow I never got to wearing it and I totally forgot about it....

At a later point I found the Tshirt again while I was moving houses...Going by the sequence of events that followed that Tshirt, it felt like a note to self that you write as a kid , forget and stumble upon as an adult... With my metaphoric disposition, It also felt  (:)) like a scene from a  movie  where a  note was handed to me before I set sail. By the time I could open the note and read it , I was far off the harbor with no point of return or no one to exchange notes with.

Today when I know of two different people who are suddenly in the same place as I was back then , I remembered the Tshirt. It eventually ended in my trash chute ....as back then, it was too hard a truth for me to accept , let alone proclaim. But its a truth! Resist it, spurn it or dump it like I did...It will come back eventually.

Yes ! Life goes on whether you like it or not. But then...( I do not want to trivialize anyones life or death but trust me when I say that ) with time you will learn to smile whole heartedly again.

For A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you. 

1 comment:

sangsom said...

The tshirt ended up in trash chute? :( How about a new one with a smiley face in the front and a note in the back that says, " A smile always comes back to you"