When I set out from singapore I thought I will have a lot to write about everyday....But strangely I dont have anything profound to say. Also maybe coz I was busier on the East coast and had no time to think :). Took trains, travelled a lot on the east coast , walked in a different city almost everyday and met friends there...In essence it was what I romanticized a while ago...The idea of being spontaneous and traveling without a plan and having coffee with different friend everyday and talking & walking. I am a little overwhelmed by how affectionate and pleased everybody was . Made me want to be a better person/host .
Other than that nothing" Revelatory" about my tidings here. Maybe remembered a few things I always knew...
" If you have time you have it all " .. living off a suitcase is overrated. When people talk about holidays without cell phones they mean BlackBerry`s :) a basic phone and WiFi are essential unless you going for a hermit status. Also coming from Asia its refreshing to see wide smiles and people expressing their opinions. A dominant thought was that I cannot live in a small town anymore. I like people and activity .I like NYC.
Every time I go there the city mesmerizes me. Sadly the city refuses to acknowledge my profession. But If I ever get a chance and can remotely afford it I want to live in the heart of the city no matter how expensive it is...anywhere else in queens, NJ etc is cheating if you ask me. Its obviously a great city to be single and mobile. Quirks are appreciated, art ,music & literature is all around, people seem to be well informed , open and fit .
Everybody talks about how the city pushes you to an edge ,but the way I see it , NYC is just giving you a wider and bigger palette...Its up to you what you want to create with it...I think I can be 4 different people in that city . Love the city for that.
2 comments:
Can't help but remember a quote my grandpa was fond of, “If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything.” Is that true?, I always wondered. What is life without spontaneity some might argue. As much as I love, an unscripted surge of activity on the weeping willow across my window, a knock on the door by an unexpected friend or a sudden burst of deep blue clouds, I have come to adore familiar patterns. In fact, I have to confess, I actively seek one to avoid feeling out of my elements. I have now come to terms with these contradicting desires humbly submitting to a lifelong ideological conflict. My squabbling however seldom is a result of a deep seated desire to break loose. My love for patterns in born out of its inherent elegance. So, I ask myself the question. If I'm quick and spontaneous will I lack grace? If so, is there such a thing in life as 'predictably' right pace?
-Dev... Adv.....
Like the way you put things :) From my experience, my unpredictability comes from absolute lack of planning and a desire to escape . Not fighting my natural instincts , I am mostly pleasantly suprised by my experiences. Also having accepted randomness Im rarely shocked at the turn of events. It works for me but may not hold to everyone.
Resistance is futile :) I support doing what comes naturally . If thats relaxing in the warmth of familiarity, One should go for it . Nothing better :)
Post a Comment