Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mozart

What are your dreams made of?...
Mine are made of endless  black & white  pictures intercepted with color , Rolls of frames with  tinted ends and telescopic views with Mozart in the back ground. Make it all dark too but gimme my music. Despite taking music lessons for a while , I was musically challenged till I stumbled on Mozart in Munich. Still remember that chilly October evening. I lost my way and was pissed and grumbling for not carrying a jacket .  Somehow it changed instantly as I walked into this square with bakeries, wooden toy shops and Mozart.
Without exaggerating it was mood changing music.  One moment back I was really low, irritated, angry....apparently not the next minute... Suddenly I was thinking about restarting my music lessons,  was thinking about getting myself a super sinful dinner, maybe I should buy myself a stylish warm jacket (which I did), Prolly go visit the technical museum after all, when I go back I should take up a new hobby.....Hmmmm...It felt like I could do a lot with my time there...Took me a good while to realize its the Mozart effect.

O Mozart, immortal Mozart, how many, how infinitely many inspiring suggestions of a finer, better life have you left in our souls! 
-- Franz Schubert.


I dont want to spoil it with my limited vocabulary. But try his music ...It will be one of the best gifts you will gift yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt that Mozart stands firm and tall among the greatest musicians of all times. Rightly so, given the incredible trans-generational appeal of his breathtaking work. However, indulging in this overly simplified and naive bracketing, I think we have failed to acknowledge the brilliantly creative scientist in him. One who has carefully put together dazzling tunes that have mystical effects on the human mind triggering a cascade of feelings. Given that a tune can induce emotions ranging from blatant joy to deep sorrow and can drive listeners into states of patriotic fervor or religious frenzy, it's a shame that science is yet to uncover the discreet specifics of what happens in the right hemisphere of our brain. On the other hand, why spoil it. The ignorance adds to the magic called Mozart.

This is a collection I have always loved...
http://www.ilike.com/artist/Jason+Morton/album/Mozart%27s+Best?src=onebox


-Dev... Adv.....