(Isnt this like those regular conversations with god "PLZZZZ gimme XYZ and I promise I will be a better person").
Would it be totally weird if I said I can almost smell California. Guess people living there might not realise it but there is distinct sensory tone that I associate with Bay area and Manhattan. It hits me the moment I step out of the airports into the openness. California is reminiscent of cucumbers with oodles of wooden flavour to it. Feel I can sense traces of it in Singapore too when you step into a room with hardwood floors that was not lived in for a long time but was left open. Have no clue how it works but Olfactory experiences can be such mood enhancers! I think sense of smell is the most dominant of all senses for it comes with a memory card. Like every time I pass by a Starbucks I am reminded of airports. Caffeine reminds of the stopovers .Some times I get anxious thinking someones leaving and some days it just puts a wide grin on my face as its reminds me of that rush that one gets when one is about to start a holiday.
On this holiday think I will be landing directly in the woods from the airport as my cousin will pick me to drive to the cabin by the lake. Ah the smell of woods ,water bodies and nature is so alluring.

1 comment:
Grin Grin Grin from me too! Excited you'll be here soon!
-IG
Post a Comment