What is so special about the coming month of September?... seems to be a month of changes in most peoples life . I attended two farewell parties and a homecoming party this weekend. All dear friends . People seem to be boomeranging all around me . Interesting to see fresh perspectives and old beliefs . Also struck by how small the world has become. Conversations border on lack of connectivity in Orissa to running into an old friend in a club in Manchester to spending a whole week in Hong Kong instead of Sydney. Without major responsibilities like kids & loans travel seems to be a primary part of friends lives these days . So much that it has become second nature. I think among the people I know my friends in Singapore travel the most for pleasure. Through this constant reshuffling feels like I have seen the world . And it is such a small place :)
Though most friends have left Singapore I somehow end up meeting them atleast twice a year as all of them seem to be so mobile and ready to fly. And always feels like they never really left. Guess things will change once priorities change in a few years . For now its all still good and loving it. Another topic which kept popping up all weekend with all the moves is how we are all at a stage where we happy with the set of friends we have (despite the geographic locations) and don't feel the need to really go out there and meet people. Growing old are we or just comfortable in our skin?
Me being the static factor , I try to escape reality and tell my friends that they will come back soon enough (for Singapore feels like an amazing place for families eventually). And everyone seems to tell me that they will be back for sure but they will not find me here by then .
Hmmm about that,....
P.S : doing what I do best- changing topics, Check out this new place which sprung up - 1 Altitude .Absolutely breathtaking open air view and midnight golf...
P.S again : If I ever leave would like to believe I will come back too...

1 comment:
Definitely comfortable in our skin. You people in Singapore definitely get around! Wish I could too. Love the pic.
-IG
Post a Comment