Found some Hate mail by third graders to "Science community" on Pluto not being a planet. Some of these letters are so cute and funny! Made me want to write my own letter. I might be 4 times their age but here goes my Hate mail on the topic...
Well I tried and tried to imitate the kids and write an innocent letter. I spent a good one hour ...But all that I could achieve is filling the Trash bin on my laptop..who am I kidding? Not an ounce of genuine innocence left in me ..Instead I will let you read the real letters written by the little ones in the link. For me, growing up Pluto was not just a planet ..It was one of the 4 houses at school ,along with Mercury, Jupiter and Neptune. Wonder what the fourth house will be called now. ( actually I can use it at trash talk when I argue with any fellow schoolmate from Pluto :)) but I do hate the fact that we need to let go of Pluto and realign our memory of the solar system and leave some space for the years to come...Its just Astral dust now. Sigh!
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1qfEo3/www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pluto/mail-03.html
3 comments:
Your house names were so lame. We had Jaguars, Panthers, Cheetahs and Leopards. Don't mess with us.
forgot to sign the message
- Pod
Oh rite...Thats where I heard Cheetah girls! your house name !
How u doing BTW? U dont take calls these days I see.
Post a Comment